Save time on your 1st visit by accessing your Patient Portal account and completing the first 8 sections of "My Medical Record" and printing & completing the New Patient Forms under "Practice Forms" and bringing them with you.
Log in to access your medical records, pay bills, update your information or to contact our office.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Warfarin (Coumadin®) Therapy
- Do strictly adhere to the warfarin (Coumadin®) dosage prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- Do get your INR level monitored on a regular basis.
- Do eat a normal, balanced diet maintaining a consistent amount of vitamin K.
- Do tell your healthcare provider about any other medicines your are taking (prescription and over-the-counter) as well as herbal/nutritional supplements. Also, talk to your healthcare provider before you change, start, or stop taking any other medicines.
- Do monitor yourself for any signs of bleeding.
- Do tell anyone giving you medical or dental care that you are taking warfarin.
- Do wear a medic alert bracelet to identify yourself as being on warfarin.
- Do refill your prescriptions according to your healthcare provider’s orders.
- Do notify your healthcare provider immediately if you experience any signs of bleeding or unusual symptoms.
- Do take your warfarin at the same time each day, on an empty stomach (preferably before bed).
- Do speak to your healthcare provider about any concerns you may have about taking warfarin.
- Don’t take a double dose of warfarin (Coumadin®) the following day if you find you missed a dose on the previous day. Notify your healthcare provider if you miss any doses.
- Don’t change your warfarin dosage without speaking to your healthcare provider.
- Don’t change, start, or stop any medications or nutritional supplements without speaking to your healthcare provider.
- Don’t make any drastic changes in your diet without speaking to your healthcare provider.
- Don’t participate in any activity or sport that may cause a traumatic injury.
- Don’t drink alcohol.
- Don’t take warfarin during pregnancy.